Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CRAYON ART BY CHRISTIAN FAUR

I honestly thought someone was bound to do something like this but I guess who better to do it than Christian Faur. He has a very unique way of expressing himself as he states in his website "In my work, I try to mimic these elegant structures of nature by developing systems of my own with which to express my thoughts and ideas, so that the medium and the message appear as one." Pretty interesting fellow but nonetheless his latest pieces using crayons are very inspiring indeed. Almost reminds me of that one toy from the 90's with the little pegs that light up as you connect it to the board, I can't seem to remember the name, but yeah this is definitely stepping things up a notch from that.Here's a better look of the piece from a better angle. To be honest you guys If i had my hands on these crayon pieces I would definitely turn this thing upside down and rub it across a huge piece of paper just to see what would come out of it.

Check out his site: Christian Faur
Source: Gizmodo

No comments: